0 marine animals
0 cows and calves
0 pigeons and other birds
0 donkeys and mules
0 camels and other camelids
- Human physiology can thrive on a 100% plant based diet.
- A plant based diet can be affordable and enjoyable, lots of foods can be easily replicated, such as fried chicken and cheeseburgers, without the harm of others.
- Protein, Iron, B12 and Calcium can all be easily sourced from plants.
- Understand that you have less in common with lions than you think and would find it incredibly difficult to hunt, kill and eat an animal with your own ‘claws’ and ‘teeth’.
- Understand that ‘Canine’ teeth are a herbivorous trait and would be largely ineffective in tearing raw meat, as well as our digestive organs resembling that of herbivorous animals and being largely incapable of ingesting raw meat.
- Distinguish the difference between ‘Animal welfare’ and ‘Animal rights’.
- ‘Ethical’ meats are vastly misleading, and still cause unnecessary suffering and death. Don’t even argue this point unless you eat 100% ‘ethical produce’ and regardless, you are still contributing to produce of suffering.
- Understand that the food chain is a natural phenomena whereby life takes what it needs to survive, you are not a wild animal and you do not need meat to survive.
- Understand that there are 0 health conditions which require meat, dairy and egg to survive.
- Meat, dairy and egg are not universally consumed.
- Cows do not need to be milked, they are repeatedly impregnated in order to produce milk.
- Egg farming requires the death of male chicks.
- Animal overpopulation is a myth and no animal will go extinct as a result of veganism.
- Vegans are not ‘believing’ in anything, they are taking a mostly passive action against an existing injustice. This is not at all like being religious.
- Understand the concept of ‘supply and demand’, before you detach yourself from responsibility and defeatist comments.
- Animals feel pain, plant’s don’t have central nervous systems.
- Understand that pigs and cows feel as much fear and pain as a dog or cat would in this position.
- Being vegan means that you’re doing your best to absolutely minimise your impact, unavoidable things which harm animals, does not excuse more harm.
- Peta is not the only animal rights organisation and most vegans do not support it.
- Consider that lives and physical suffering matter more than hurt feelings.
- Understand that to be angry at vegans for trying to act ‘better than you’ is being angry at somebody who wants to wants to end suffering, because it makes you feel bad and this is referred to as a ‘victim complex’.
- Consider that If you try to argue ”Bacon is tasty ”, that It’s not a valid point and arguing your tastes above the suffering of animals is irrelevant.
- Establish the definition of a ‘personal choice’ as a ‘choice that does not effect others’ and distinguish this from a choice that directly requires the harm of others.
- I do not have to respect your decision so long as you respect mine, I can respect you as a person without respecting your decision to eat meat.