0 marine animals
0 cows and calves
0 pigeons and other birds
0 donkeys and mules
0 camels and other camelids
No, you may not be a horrible person for not being vegan, because our society not only teaches us that we absolutely need animal products to survive, but it actively discourages us from thinking about non-human animals or the suffering and death we inflict on them as well as the destructive global effects animal exploitation enterprises have on the world around us.
But once you are given this information, if you don’t feel horrible about it and want to stop participating in it, that does actually make you a horrible person.
I’d always heard rumors of people making their own almond milk but I assumed it was a super difficult process. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally built up the courage to make it. It’s really easy, and oddly fun.
To make Raw Almond Milk:
What you’ll need:
1 cup raw almonds
2-3 cups of water
vanilla extract (optional)
What you’ll need to do:
Combine almonds and water. Let sit overnight. Blend together and pour into a jar lined with cheesecloth/muslin/pantyhose. Let this separate the milk from the leftover almond chunks. Make sure to give the cloth a good squeeze when you’re done to get as much out as you can. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Sounds so easy and delicious!
OH MY GOD WHAT
Home-made almond milk is a fair lot better than store-bought.
Would still prefer home-made oat milk though.
I once tried making homemade soy milk. Similar process, but this looks easier. Vay nice, vay nice.
Castoreum is the ooze from the castor sacs of beavers that comes out along with their urine—and it’s used as “natural” raspberry flavor in tons of mainstream products.
But you won’t see this one on the food label—the FDA has determined that it can be listed as “natural flavoring” to hide the truth.
It’s natural all right—naturally icky!
The thing about stuff like this is… Who was the dude that first decided to eat this and was like “Mmm! Raspberries! Lets put it in everything.”
Everyone on tumblr is real fucking clear about consent until it comes to the subject of eating non human animals. Because that’s your personal choice isn’t it?
- Human physiology can thrive on a 100% plant based diet.
- A plant based diet can be affordable and enjoyable, lots of foods can be easily replicated, such as fried chicken and cheeseburgers, without the harm of others.
- Protein, Iron, B12 and Calcium can all be easily sourced from plants.
- Understand that you have less in common with lions than you think and would find it incredibly difficult to hunt, kill and eat an animal with your own ‘claws’ and ‘teeth’.
- Understand that ‘Canine’ teeth are a herbivorous trait and would be largely ineffective in tearing raw meat, as well as our digestive organs resembling that of herbivorous animals and being largely incapable of ingesting raw meat.
- Distinguish the difference between ‘Animal welfare’ and ‘Animal rights’.
- ‘Ethical’ meats are vastly misleading, and still cause unnecessary suffering and death. Don’t even argue this point unless you eat 100% ‘ethical produce’ and regardless, you are still contributing to produce of suffering.
- Understand that the food chain is a natural phenomena whereby life takes what it needs to survive, you are not a wild animal and you do not need meat to survive.
- Understand that there are 0 health conditions which require meat, dairy and egg to survive.
- Meat, dairy and egg are not universally consumed.
- Cows do not need to be milked, they are repeatedly impregnated in order to produce milk.
- Egg farming requires the death of male chicks.
- Animal overpopulation is a myth and no animal will go extinct as a result of veganism.
- Vegans are not ‘believing’ in anything, they are taking a mostly passive action against an existing injustice. This is not at all like being religious.
- Understand the concept of ‘supply and demand’, before you detach yourself from responsibility and defeatist comments.
- Animals feel pain, plant’s don’t have central nervous systems.
- Understand that pigs and cows feel as much fear and pain as a dog or cat would in this position.
- Being vegan means that you’re doing your best to absolutely minimise your impact, unavoidable things which harm animals, does not excuse more harm.
- Peta is not the only animal rights organisation and most vegans do not support it.
- Consider that lives and physical suffering matter more than hurt feelings.
- Understand that to be angry at vegans for trying to act ‘better than you’ is being angry at somebody who wants to wants to end suffering, because it makes you feel bad and this is referred to as a ‘victim complex’.
- Consider that If you try to argue ”Bacon is tasty ”, that It’s not a valid point and arguing your tastes above the suffering of animals is irrelevant.
- Establish the definition of a ‘personal choice’ as a ‘choice that does not effect others’ and distinguish this from a choice that directly requires the harm of others.
- I do not have to respect your decision so long as you respect mine, I can respect you as a person without respecting your decision to eat meat.
|Meat eater:||Hey vegan where do you get protein?|
|Meat eater:||hey vegan do you want some bacon OH WAIT YOU CAN'T!!!!|
|Meat eater:||Hey vegan WHAT ABOUT CANINE TEETH? EXPLAIN THEM HUH I BET YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!|
|Meat eater:||Hey VEGAN can you still suck my dick or is that not vegan LOL!!!!!!|
|Meat eater:||Hey vegan do you know what PETA stands for? people eating tasty animals!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA|
|Meat eater:||wHAT YOU ARE VEGAN? OH HOW CAN YOU TELL WHEN SOMEONE IS VEGAN OH DONT WORRY THEY WILL TELL YOU HAHAHA|
|Meat eater:||WHAT ABOUT PLANTS FEEEELINGGGGSSSSS CARROT GENOCIDE|
|Vegan:||Can you please shut up?|
|Meat eater:||OH MY GOD YOU MISANTHROPIC ELITIST PIECE OF SHIT! SO MUCH FOR COMPASSION. FUCKING GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. FUCKING RUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.|